Friday, March 20, 2009

Favorite Friday... Running in the Rain and Sleeping Sis

I went running 3x this week. It felt good to be out again pounding the pavement. On Thursday it was a very gray day with a rainy mist in the air which has to be one of my favorite times to run. For safety I have to run with my phone, but I have never tried to take a pic whilst running. Check it out.
Just about this point it really started raining. Not cold, just wet. 
Obviously not running :)
Looks like I'm running fast huh? Isn't the pattern cool - the way the blurring occured I mean.
I just liked how this pic focused on the pavement in the center and blurred the rest. I thought it looked cool.

My other favorite has no pics, just an image in my mind. The boys were off camping last night which meant Sis and I had a girls' night. She had a long playtime in the tub and then together we painted fingernails, had breakfast for dinner, made cookies and watched a movie. Finally, I tucked her into my bed with three of her favorite stuffed animals and Claudio at her feet. Needless to say, she went to bed smiling. When I came in later she was snoozing peacefully. I climbed into bed and watched her sleep, something I don't take the time to do often enough. I whispered things into her little ears, telling her how much I love her and how special she is and more. I pray that some of things I said get tucked away in her mind for when she is older and may struggle with her own sense of self, but also that they may give her peace in a crazy world. I want so much to remember that moment, to have it locked away in my own mind. I imagine as she gets older there will be fewer of those perfect moments, I hope not. But I want to not forget the gifts I receive every day. Those tender mercies are what compel me to be a better person, a better mother, a better friend, just a better version of myself.

2 comments:

Karen Liu said...

What a sweet moment. I, too, whisper sweet nothings into my loved ones' ears, when they're asleep, with the hope that they will subconsciously hear and remember my great love for them. You have such a beautiful mother's heart.

LaurieJ said...

Great running pictures!

And your field trips into DC look so fun. I am going to have to take a trip out so I can have a great tour guide. No, really, I just invited myself to stay with you ;-)