Monday, May 25, 2009

Heartache

Today Jon and I got some tragic news. Some dear friends of ours were expecting their first child and this afternoon they called to tell us they had lost him. She was just a few weeks from her due date. My heart aches for them and their loss. I tried to explain in to Sis, but she didn't understand. She just kept asking when she would get to see the baby and what his name was. I felt so helpless at the news. 
After pondering it this evening I have found a measure of peace. Our friends have hope and will try again to have a child after some time has passed. I don't know why things like this happen, but I do know that the Lord is near in situations like these. I honestly don't know the faith of my friends but I hope they can feel the peace of the Lord through this sad time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your friends.