Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Break in Virginia

No projecting this weekend! Good bye Baltimore. Hello Purcellville.


Sis' face is priceless!


Jays and Jon have been friends for over 30 years!

We got to spend the weekend with friends in VA. It was rainy and cold for the first two days and I didn't care a bit. We didn't go anywhere or do anything. 

I wish I had her skinny legs. What a cutie!

Okay, so we learned a few new card games, ate yummy food courtesy of Cori, went for walks, found a new way to fix popcorn - delish! and slept in. It was wonderful. Their 2 shorties and ours played together non-stop until they couldn't keep their eyes open any longer.  At church we ran into a gal from BYU who had her Senior show at the same time as Jon. We even own a few of her paintings.  I love how being LDS makes the world seem so small - and I mean that in a good way.


I like this pic even with E's bored expression, which he claims he wasn't feeling. My hair is getting long.



My little photographer


Today we drove up and down the country roads looking at all things beautiful. The lovely dry-stack walls were my favorite, but everything was gloriously celebrating fall. The colors were spectacular. Jon and I fell in love with the farmsteads and their many outbuildings and mature landscaping. There is this part of me that is so completely drawn to that life. Something about being from farming stock I guess.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Your hair IS getting long!