Monday, July 27, 2009

FHE ala E & Sis

FHE has gone the way of the Dodo this summer. Jon has been working Monday nights and I have been lazy. Simple as that. So this morning I mentioned to the kids that I wanted them to put together a lesson for FHE. In fact, I told them to plan the whole thing. For hours they worked at the table. First, they needed an xcto knife and mat. Next, they wanted a shoebox. Then Et disappeared outside for a spot. They were busy for most of the afternoon. E cutting and writing. Sis coloring and gluing. They were so focused. It made for a quiet house.
This is the *project they worked on together. (The word bubbles were not taped across the top originally, just when that portion of the story was taking place.)
It was a great lesson and reminded me of how capable, clever and intelligent my kids truly are. They did a fabulous job!

*If you can't figure out what you are looking at, its Nephi, Laman and Lemuel arriving in the Promised Land.

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Cute, Cute, cute and so nice that they took it seriously.
Good job kiddos!

lucy said...

(FHE)That is so awesome!

Steph Swindle said...

Ali and I are looking at the picture on your front page of your blog and marveling how much you look like your mom! What a great shot of you and the fam.

Did you take a picture with my parents? Send it along when you have a chance.

xoxo,
Steph