Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Little bit of this, little bit of that and a whole lot of love

*For rest of February I am going to post pictures of things I love. They will almost certainly have nothing to do with the post, but I don't care. 
This pic is from Lake Como, ITALIA. We spent our 11th anniversary at a B&B on the lake. I couldn't believe the hydrangeas at this villa. A little piece of heaven huh? Truly magnificent!!

So maybe its a little early to have Valentines on the brain, but I do. Being the sporadically ambitious girl I am, I have decided to make valentines this year instead of sending the store-bought variety. In such an effort I have been perusing old magazines for ideas. 

Sidenote: As an anti-clutter gal, you might be surprised to hear that I keep old magazines. I do. Tis true. There are only a few that I really rely on for ideas and creative inspiration and I keep them organized by month not year. That way when I am looking for valentine ideas, I go to the closet and pull out the Feb. case. Viola! Everything I need is at hand. You might wonder why I don't just look things up on the internet. I do, but there is something about being able to hold something in my hand and wander the house and read in bed and read while fixing dinner and look at ideas while folding laundry and...  you get it? I read. I migrate. I read. It's what I do and familiar magazines are a guilty pleasure for me. Getting back...

So this year I am going all out. I am going to pen love-notes to Jon and bake ridiculously indulgent desserts to share, write letters and post them in beautiful handmade envelopes to my parents and siblings, create special gifts for my amazing kids that they will treasure forever and send lovely notes to dear friends far and near. I am going to get caught up in the season of all things red, white and pink.  


3 comments:

lucy said...

those are all great ideas for February. Thanks for the inspiration. I may give this festive thing a try this month.

Bridget said...

I love Valentine's Day. Last year I made little cones for each kid and filled them with a little chocolate and a little treasure- They loved it and so did I. They didn't expect it which made it all the more fun. I'll be doing it again this year.

Unknown said...

Bridget, send me pics if you've got them. I would love to see them. You are so creative. I appreciate that about you so much.