Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sugar Cookie Throwdown - Call for Entries


Hey all!  I'm ready for another throwdown challenge. I know what you're thinking... so soon? Yep. I have holidays on the brain already and I plan on baking all my holiday sugar cookies next week to freeze ahead. But I need to find the best recipe out there before I can do that. If you think yours has got what it takes, shoot me the recipe so I can get the ingredients. I'm going to put a cap on entries at 12 total. I have four already, so hurry, hurry, hurry! Actual baking will happen sometime early next week so don't delay.

3 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

Oh I HAVE to get the winning recipe from you when you find it. I am not a cookie baker just because I don't love a lot of cookie recipes. I'm so excited you are doing all of the hard work for us! Thank you! Actually you have inspired me to do a throwdown of my own. I've been collecting rice pudding recipes (weird... I know...) and I'm going to find the best one out there. Thanks again!
-Jessica

Ingrid said...

Ok Jessica, isn't it fair that anyone who submits a recipe for the throwdown gets to benefit from the results? If Mishel lived in town, that would mean she'd bring some over for us to taste. BUT, not the case, so, I think that we should all share our throwdowns with each other and share the love! (basically what I'm trying to say is, share your recipe when you nail one down!)

Mishel:
here's my recipe:
(from the BH&G red & white checkered cookbook, circa 1990)
1/3 c. butter
1/3 c. shortening
2 c. flour
1 egg
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 T. milk
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract
dash salt
Beat butter and shortening first, add HALF the flour and everything else. Beat til thoroughly mixed, then add the other half of the flour, and mix again. Cover and chill 3 hours.
Roll out, cut, and bake. This recipe says 375 for 7-8 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden, then cool on the sheet til firm enough to move to a rack.
Keep us posted!

ang said...

um, where are the results????? it IS wednesday! ;)