Friday, June 19, 2009

Favorite Friday... Jon


I don't really need to post anything about why Jon is my favorite, but I am going to anyway.
He does quiet acts of service for me all the time. This morning, I was having a slow go at it and before I was even functioning really, he had unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. He didn't say anything, probably thought I didn't even notice, but I did.
Then he and E watered the patio plants. This may not seem like a lot, but instead of hauling multiple watering cans from the kitchen - which makes a terrible mess not to mention how heavy the cans can be, we've developed a system where we send a line down to the ground (the deck is ten feet up) and someone on the ground ties the hose to the line. When the hose is pulled up, the ground person turns it on and the deck person waters everything and sends it back. It takes time. Again, done quietly and without fanfare.
He makes the bed with me in the morning.
He rubs the insides of my forearms and hands when we watch movies (one of my favorite things).
He loves me even when my pants get too tight.
He kills bugs, scary ones, for me when I am freaking out in the bathroom.
He lets me go to UT or OH or wherever with the kids, while he stays home and works. He doesn't grumble about it, just tells me he misses me, how bored he is alone and wishes I were home.
He makes me laugh - everyday.
He is a gifted artist with a creative spirit. Don't believe me... check this out.
He's happy to see me when he comes home, even if he was happy to leave. ;)
He doesn't complain when I spend too much time on the computer ignoring him.
He compliments my cooking.
He is talented at everything he tries his hand at.
He watches the kids so I can go running on Saturday mornings. I can sometimes be gone for hours and he never says a word.
He makes the best waffles, bar none.
He downloads apps to my phone that he knows I would like.
He charges my phone when I forget.
He keeps gas in the car so I don't have to do it.
He is worthy of the Priesthood he holds.
He is a good man. I mean a truly amazing, kind, sincere person.
He's terribly handsome, even without all his hair.
He has an incredible work ethic. He is the hardest working person I know.
He spends everyday doing something that he loves and is passionate about.
He makes sure to leave me hot water for a shower and doesn't complain when I don't leave any for him.
He hangs up his towel after a shower.
He likes to experiment in the kitchen.
He'll watch chick-flicks with me.
He supports my need to organize.
He lets me rearrange the Netflix queue with whatever I want and doesn't change it, even if that means he will be watching my choices for weeks without a break.
He reads to Esther before bed, even though we are both tired and ready to relax for the night.
He is the quieter of the two of us and doesn't mind being in the background most of the time with me making a lot of noise front and center.
He can fix anything and he always - ALWAYS - does it the right way, no shortcuts.
He hates clutter as much as I do.
He is learning Italian with the rest of us.
He is my best friend.
I could go on and on all day, but...
Most of all, he loves me for who I am today. I couldn't ask for more than that.

4 comments:

Summer Owens said...

That's a very sweet post, and lots of great things on there about him!

Ingrid said...

We love and miss you both.

This was a great post. Thanks for sharing this.

Lorilee said...

What an awesome post. Sounds like you are a lucky girl. Happy Anniversary (late).

Karen Liu said...

I loved reading this list! I love how much you love your hubs and how much he loves you, it's so evident in his actions and in your words!