Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snowflakes and Ribbons

This year I took on two whopper decorating projects for the holidays, in addition to the normal decorating that already takes place. The first involves snowflakes and originally was done to make up for the fact that there is no snow here (at least nothing that has lasted for longer than 5 minutes on the ground). Also, I wanted my kids to remember something about Christmas/ snow in Baltimore :) and finally, to cheer me up when everyone in UT I know is telling me how many feet of the white stuff each new storm brings. The other project is a spin off of something we saw in Italy that I absolutely loved. As you might expect, by the lack of pictures, one is finished and the other is not (but hopefully will be finished tomorrow). I am not going to post pics of either until both are done. 

The snowflakes are magical. I love them. They make me smile every time I look at them. You'll see what I mean later, although I think a video might be the only way to truly show you all what I am talking about.
On the other hand, the ribbons are fabulous! They are a little trickier due to the taller ceilings in the living room(14 ft), but already I love how they look. 
Keep checking back if you don't see something soon, but I will do my best to finish and post by tomorrow evening.

Happy New Year friends!!

(How's that for a teaser?!)

No comments: