Friday, February 27, 2009

Favorite Friday... Superfood and Clothespins

I can never make up my mind on Favorite Friday, so you get two again.

#1... Odwalla Superfood looks like pond scum. Check out the next picture if you haven't tried it before or if you don't believe me. It is pretty nasty looking stuff. If it wasn't so good for me and didn't taste so yummy, I might be scared off.  
When I get out of bed every morning, eating healthy isn't always the first thing I think about. Okay, its never the first thing I think about. My solution - smoothies! By the time I get my day going I need something that is easy, good for me, gives me tons of vitamins+energy and let's be honest here - tastes delish. Sounds like an commercial, I know I know! Here's the thing... I love the Superfood.  (Odwalla makes the nasty looking and yet ever so tasty green stuff. Naked has a couple different ones too. Blue Machine is my fav.) Add a little ice, banana, blueberries, spinach, yogurt, protein sup. and whatever else you have in the fridge and you're soon-to-be the luckiest person in the house. It's especially good after a hard workout. 
Seriously looks like sludge on the bottom of a pond or a set a clogged pipes. Give it a shot though before you decide. Its so yummy even if it doesn't look it!
#2... Clothespins. Yep, clothespins. These babies get used everywhere at my house. The pics are not great - phone shots, but you get the gist. I keep them in the kitchen as a closer for everything. I slapped some magnets on the back and they hold masterpieces on the fridge.

The possibilities are endless. I love this idea for them. Today as I repotted my gardenias I used them to hold the plastic bags to the side of the pots as I filled them with dirt. They are in my fabulous hallway closet and are used for a plethora of different things there.  (Sidenote: The one thing I could use them on and don't have is a clothesline. Someday I'll have one in my garden where my laundry can hang as it mingles with the lavender and wisteria. Not today.)
Oh and as if they're not fabulous enough already, you can pick up a big ol' bag of them for a couple of dollars at Kmart.

4 comments:

LaurieJ said...

We make smoothies from the green naked juice and my kids call it 'Shrek juice' because it literally looks like it came from a swamp :-)
Good tips on the clothes pins!

Ingrid said...

Two of my favorite things also, Mishel! The morning is not off on the right foot without a green smoothie! My whole eating-habit-pattern is thrown off if I start the day any other way. And the clothespins-- I know! Who in their right mind would spend $3.95 for a pair (that's TWO!) of "bag closers" when you can get a ginormous bag of clothespins, I'm talking like 100, for about $199. When I run low, I go raid the Bethlehem supply bins.... So, yeah, I guess I have a year's supply of clothespins! Love 'em!

(Shrek juice-- great idea LaurieJ! I bet I could get some of my more timid kids to try green smoothies if I called it that. [although my most timid kid actually already begs for my green smoothies every morning]. Stay tuned!)

Ingrid said...

Clarification: that's $1.99 for 100 clothespins.

lucy said...

OMG, that does look like pond scum...I'm going to have to trust you on that one! :0)