Thursday, February 19, 2009

No sense of direction and missing my mountains

I have so sense of direction. Without the GPS on my phone, I would be lost - quite literally! That is one aspect of my marriage that is in perfect balance and always has been. Jon has a compass in his nose. No matter where we are, it takes Jon about 10 minutes to figure out the city we are in and how to get from point A to point anywhere.  Eterick has inherited that trait. Already, he is better at navigation than I am. Not sure why I am posting this except that I drove all over Baltimore today and only knew for certainty where I was maybe 50% of the time. In fact, without the GPS, I might still be driving around the 'burbs trying to find my way home.

For those of you living in Utah, count your lucky stars for those beautiful mountains. There is nothing here from which to get your bearings except the sun and when there are clouds, well... Just be glad you have them. I miss them everyday. 

Anyway, we made it home and I am so grateful for the GPS capabilities on my cell. Couldn't manage without it.

3 comments:

lucy said...

When we visited VA. we had the same issues. There are no mountains there either. The GPS system was a great help but a lot of times we couldn't tell which way to go until it was already too late. The freeways are so different than we are use to and it was a pain. New York was worse. I was freaked out every time we got in the car. People drive like maniacs over there and we're slow paced here in our Happy Valley.

LeAnn said...

The mountains are definitely my compass. Any time we go back east I don't know North from a hole in the ground. I always am surprised when the sun comes up in the morning and thing... Oh yeah! That way is east :)But in Utah, I'm never lost. LOVE mountains.

Lorilee said...

I know what you mean about the mountains. Where we live in California we can't see any mountains and there are millions ( literally) of trees. 99% of the almonds grown in the US grow by me. When we first moved there I never knew which direction I was going.